From Kenyon’s beginnings as a funeral home, the acts of memorialising the deceased and providing an appropriate place for families to mourn remain a cornerstone of Kenyon best practices.
When you are faced with an unimaginable crisis, Kenyon assists you with planning and conducting an appropriate and respectful memorial. This includes anything between a plaque installation at the site of the loss to a more complex memorial wall or memory board erected for families to write messages on or leave mementos. Memorials often include ceremonies with family members and local religious leaders and require substantial coordination.
Kenyon assists you in deciding the best course of action regarding:
- Coordinating with families to find out their wishes
- Planning memorial ceremonies
- Identifying appropriate religious leaders, if applicable
- Adhering to appropriate cultural norms
- Sourcing permanent memorial markers
- Planning multiple memorials conducted at separate locations, as well as live broadcast, if appropriate
- Planning and conducting one-year anniversary memorial ceremonies
- Planning and conducting funerals
- Coordinating with the military for military ceremonies