Crisis Communications Overview
In today’s instant media world, Crisis Communications is a critical part of your emergency response plan. At Kenyon, we have assembled a global team of veteran journalists and communications experts - the people who have spent their careers asking the tough questions – to help your leadership prepare for the challenging questions in a crisis.
But it’s not just in front of the camera that you will be judged. It’s in 140 characters on Twitter. It’s when your scheduled ad campaign runs as planned but is now completely inappropriate in the face of the crisis you have just experienced.
Our experts help you to see around those corners. Our expert consultants help you create a good crisis communications plan that takes your whole operation into account, and then we make sure you are ready to execute that plan - long before a crisis occurs.
When a crisis does happen, one of our experts is by your side, helping you craft your message, prepping your spokesperson for an interview, and making sure your website and social media are sending the right message – to the public and most importantly, to those affected.
What to Expect
With Kenyon’s Crisis Communications Service, within one phone call, you have access to a worldwide team of crisis communications experts. They’ll advise you on the following:
- What to say to families, authorities, staff and more
- Content and timing of media releases and briefings
- Preparation of spokespeople - executives, technical experts and more
- Establish and management of press conferences
- Arrange for the translation and distribution of company statements to media at the scene
- Daily monitoring and analysis of local media coverage
- Advice on how to respond to arising issues
If you already retain a public relations firm, as many of our clients do, we will work closely with them during an incident to help you understand what to expect, as well as lend our practical real-world experience to the larger team.