Legal Advisory Service
Led by Senior Vice President, Legal Services Sean Gates, Kenyon’s Legal Advisory Service provides clients and consultancy customers with accurate, relevant information with regard to insurance and legal matters. Clients who already retain Kenyon’s Disaster Recovery Service and Disaster Human Service gain access to the Legal Advisory Service at no additional cost, including three days of legal opinion and counsel in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. The Legal Advisory Service is also available as a consultancy service on an on-demand basis. Our Legal Advisory Service can be utilised before, during and after a crisis. Each engagement is treated similar to a consultancy engagement.
- We provide training on the legal aspects of crisis communications, the liability and compensation process for passengers, analysis of insurance, insurers responsibilities and methods of dispute resolution, the role of external lawyers, criminal proceedings, accident investigation, third party liability and record keeping.
- We offer updates on developments with implications for the legal department.
- We assist with drafting emergency response manuals for legal departments.
- Legal Department Upon request, we will activate the Legal Advisory Service. The resources required to provide support will be determined by the nature, size and location of the incident. This will include, as a minimum, appointing an experienced legal adviser to work with key leaders at your head office and to elaborate on the legal implications following a disaster.
- The legal adviser will offer support in the following areas:
- Liability and compensation process for victims
- Analysis of insurance, insurers responsibilities and methods of dispute resolution
- Appointment of external lawyers
- Assistance regarding the exposure to and handling of criminal proceedings against directors, officers, employees and the company
- Legal support regarding the accident investigation
- Review of potential responsibilities of third parties to the company
- We will issue the client a dedicated telephone number, fax number and email address for the legal adviser.
- The legal adviser will stay activated as long as deemed necessary by the client to provide support, guidance and assistance.
- A legal adviser will participate in a debrief session to share lessons learned following the incident.
- Finally, Kenyon can educate insurers, brokers and solicitors on the added value of a professional response company and the best approach to dealing with a crisis. This education includes advice on real limitations/gaps in insurance coverage.